Under certain circumstance it is possible to claim relief or exemption from paying VRT. The following is a list of forms which need to be completed for specific VRT reliefs and exemptions.
- Transfer of Residence VRT Exemption: Use the following form for VRT exemption for transfer of residence:
Form VRT TOR – Transfer of Residence from within the EU – Application and Declaration for Relief from Vehicle Registration Tax.
- Inheritance VRT Exemption: Use the following form for VRT exemption on inheritance of a motor vehicle:
C&E 1081 – VRT Exemption in respect of Inheritance of Motor Vehicles from outside the State
- Disabled Drivers and Passengers VRT Exemption:Use the following guide for VRT exemption for disabled drivers and passengers:
Guide to completing Forms DD1 and FG1 online
- Disabled Drivers and Passengers Fuel Grant: Use the following guide for the disabled drivers and passengers fuel grant:
FG1 – Fuel Grant 1 – Claim for fuel Grant in respect of fuel used in Motor Vehicles for the Transport of Drivers & Passengers
- Airport VRT Exemption:Use the following form for VRT exemption for vehicles used in Airports:
VRT 39 – Application for Relief from Payment of VRT in respect of a Vehicle to be used in the Establishment or Maintenance of an International Air Service in the State.
- EU institutional VRT Exemption: Use the following form for VRT exemption on diplomatic, consular or EU institutional grounds:
Form VRT 36 – Application for Relief from Vehicle Registration Tax, VAT and/or Duties on the Acquisition/Importation and Registration of a Motor Vehicle under Article 12 of the Protocol on the Privileges and Immunities of the European Communities