The VRT inspection process involves the following steps:
- You will present the vehicle and required documentation at your appointment time.
- The vehicle will then be inspected to insure it matches the description in the associated documentation (Make, Model, VIN etc.) and to insure it is suitable for registration.
- Once this is established, you will be presented with documentation to confirm you wish the register the vehicle. You will be asked to sign this documentation.
- The vehicle registration tax due on the vehicle will be calculated which you will be required to pay.
- Once you have completed payment your vehicle will be given a vehicle registration number.
- You will then be required to purchase vehicle registration plates and fit them to the vehicle.
- You will also be required to pay motor tax. Once you pay motor tax you will receive the vehicle registration certificate in the post.