- All new and used cars registered in Ireland have their VRT rate calculated based on the CO2 emissions of their vehicle.
- The rates can be seen below and the percentage refers to a percentage of the OMSP (Open Market Selling Price) of the vehicle being registered.
- The rates only apply to Category A vehicles.
- Please note diesel vehicles are subject to 1% VRT surcharge.
Examples of Category A vehicles include cars (saloons, estates, hatchbacks, convertibles, coupes, MPVs, Jeeps etc.) and minibuses with less than 12 permanently fitted passenger seats.
- For more information about VRT rates and categories click here