FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camper Vans

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    vrt.ie Forum Index -> VRT Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Camper Vans Reply with quote

Trying to get some information on the following:

* Taxing a converted/conversion van as a motor home

Many thanks
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"motor caravans, being vehicles which are shown to the satisfaction of the Revenue Commissioners to be designed, constructed or adapted to provide temporary living accommodation which has an interior height of not less than 1.8 metres when measured in such manner as may be approved by the Revenue Commissioners and, in respect of which vehicles, such design, construction or adaptation incorporates the following permanently fitted equipment— (i) a sink unit,(ii) cooking equipment of not less than a hob with 2 rings or such other cooking equipment as may be prescribed, and (iii) any other equipment or
fittings as may be prescribed,"

the rate is €85

Regards

vrt.ie
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last query on this... the van is currently taxed as commercial and it is now nearly complete to get it changed over to campervan class and to be taxed accordingly... what does he need to do?
Thanks
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next step is to get the vehichle inspected and re-classified as a campervan. I believe you need to contact the tax office to arrange this.
VRT may be payable as a result of the reclassification.

Regards

vrt.ie
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would appriciate some advice in relation to the import of a used camper from Europe.

I intend viewing a number of potential vehicles which I have sourced in both Germany and France with the intention of buying a suitable one.

What information does Revenue require to calculate the VRT due on used campervans?
Is it possible establish what amount I will be required to pay in VRT before I agree to purchase?
I am also looking at the option of storage for the vehicle in France and not bringing it to Ireland, what will this mean in respect of VRT?

Kind Regards,
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your query. Regarding VRT rate, if the camper van is over 3000kg (unladen weight), VRT is only €50, if it weighs under 3000kg, the rate is 13.5% of OMSP.
Regarding establishing rate before your purchase, if it is under 3000kg, I'm not sure if it is possible to get an exact figure (like in the case of a car), but a good estimate would be to get an approximate value for the vehicle in Ireland, then multiply it by 90%, which gives you OMSP, then multiply by 13.5% to get the rate.
If the vehicle is going to be in storage in France and you do not register it in Ireland, you are not required to pay any VRT.

Regards

vrt.ie
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The following is the vehicle data of one of my choices? Can you please tell me which VRT rate which applies in this case?

Vehicle Description: 2, 8 ltr. TDI, 5, 89 m long, power steering, markise, tail garage, tail leader, roof railing, tail supports, el. Window lifter, el. Mirror, driver's door, solar plant, Sat antenna, receiver, large Heki rooflight, firm single tail bed, separable bedroom, stroke bed, 2er group of seats, longitudinal bank, pilot seats, refrigerator, rinse, digester, Alde hot water heating, wet cell with cartridge WC, etc.. 3 Schlafpl.techn. zul. Total mass 3,850 kg, unloaded weight 3,000 kg,

Kind Regards,
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this vehicle does not exceed 3000kg, I believe the rate will be 13.5%, I would suggest going for one a little heavier, then VRT is only €50.

Regards

vrt.ie
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am thinking of buying a northern reg camper van can you tell me what is the cost to reg it here in republic of ireland

it a daf 2.500 cc and the cost is 3,600 euros and can u tell me the cost of tax for the same
regards
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to contact revenue directly, here is the contact information: http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/cont_main.htm

Regards

vrt.ie
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Whom It May Concern:
I am currently looking to purchase a motorhome in England or Germany.
The different options are available to me.
1991 Mercedes Hymer 560 , 2.9 diesel camper motorhome.
1998 Tabbert FFB 680 2.5 Turbo diesel camper motorhome
1990 Peogeot Hymer 694, 2.5 Turbo diesel camper motorhome.
Can you tell me if I need to pay any import duty of any kind,
Vrt or anything else to import one of these.
Its for private use.
Yours truly,
VRT.ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to pay VRT. If the camper van is over 3000kg (unladen weight), VRT is only €50, if it weighs under 3000kg, the rate is 13.5% of OMSP.

Regards

vrt.ie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    vrt.ie Forum Index -> VRT Q&A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: